Pages


Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Persevere!

"A piece of Art is never ruined until you give up on it."

I have to tell myself this quite often, when I'm sketching in my notebook, or working on a craft project for a friend or family member. A work-in-progress piece of art is often a scary and disturbing-looking thing, but give it a little time, patience, and a lot of work, and you come out the other side with something beautiful (or at least intriguing...)

I often revisit some of my old pieces of art and try applying a newly learned technique or medium to it. I tried my hand at a quick colorizing of my previously posted costume design, and I like how they turned out:

Love the color blue! 
Really like the vibrancy of the red!








































The most challenging part of art is pushing through the mid-point, just when it looks scary and you think to yourself "What have I DONE?!"
Push through! You'll enjoy (and learn from) the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment