Pages


Saturday, August 4, 2012

Imitation is flattery

Every artist wants to create something unique, something special, and something "all their own". But trying to build up your skills only doing original works can be tough. How do you create that depth? How do you draw wrinkles? How do you get that hand to look right?

I have found two answers to this question. First, is learn as much as possible about your subject. Are you drawing a human? Learn anatomy. By understanding what goes on under the surface, you can more accurately recreate it on paper.

The second method that I have found is to copy other artists. This is especially useful when learning a new art style. I recently found an old book of poems and loved the artwork. I copied one of the drawings and I would like to share it with you.
I do not own the artwork, and cannot remember the original artists name, but I would like to give them proper credit.

So, practice, learn, practice some more! You will become a better artist, and a smarter person!

No comments:

Post a Comment