Pages


Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Neverland In-Progress

I thought you might appreciate some in-progress pictures this time! I am creating a completely original sword and am very excited and nervous. This sword's design has changed so many times, I can't even remember the original concept that I had. Everything will be handcrafted by me except for the blade, though I am planning some exciting artistic treatments for it as well. Enough talk, let's see some pictures!




My intention is to name this sword "Neverland". It has a very fantastical, whimsy feeling that I have really fallen in love with. The guard is a little flimsier than I would like, so I am cutting a new guard out of thicker metal, which will allow me to add some additional decorative elements to the edge of the "leaf" guard.

Really looking forward to sharing the progress of this with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment