Pages


Friday, August 17, 2012

Inspirational Plaque Time!

Finished another project today! This is an inspirational plaque that was commissioned recently. I bought a wooden plaque from my local craft store, but decided that it needed a vintage and worn white-washed look. As soon as I was out of the store, I threw the plaque on the parking lot and stomped on it, and kicked to my car, creating a rough, lightly beaten texture that one would expect on an old vintage plaque.

Next, I aged the wood to give it a driftwood appearance. Finally, I painted the lettering on and added a few light passes of whitewash, sanding it down in places to accentuate the aged look.

This 9x11 plaque was given an old, rustic farm-plaque look

I really like this piece and hope you do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment